Monday, April 27, 2009

mmmmmmm oat bran

this weekend flewwwwwwwwww by. but i don't mind going back to work too much. i decided a bowl of oat bran was long overdue...

in the pot:
  • 1/2 banana (ripe!), 1/3 c oat bran, 1/3 c water, 1/3 c vanilla soymilk
toppings:
  • 1 medjool date
  • white chocolate chunks
  • salted peanuts
  • big spoonful maranatha almond butter


i toyed w/ the idea of using white chocolate wonderful, but really, i like the plain almond butter so much more. i'm thinking maybe i should bake something with the wcw that is feeling neglected in my pantry.

i whipped up a fun lunch out of leftovers from a while back... i defrosted a piece of breaded/baked chicken with apricot-almond-goat cheese filling... and tossed in some apple to make a crunchy pseudo chicken salad.

aforementioned chicken mixture, to serve in a toasted whole wheat pita, carrots

a strawberry chobani and some heart2heart for a snack...

i'm wearing my glasses today. my eyes were a bit itchy this morning (i think allergies have finally hit me) and i decided i'd rather not push it with contacts. i don't mind wearing my glasses all that much, as they are fairly cute (as cute as glasses can be for someone as blind as i am), and i paid $500 for them a couple years ago, so i might as well get my money's worth. i know a million people are going to ask me what happened to your eyes? though, and that's annoying.

i have an awesome dinner planned for later, so check back in 12 hours .

2 comments:

  1. mmm. I added Oat Bran to my steel cut oats today. yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no pic of you in the glasses? come on! i want to see what you look like with them!

    ReplyDelete