Thursday, April 30, 2009

inafunk

i'm in a funk, and have been in one for the entire day. i have the urge to use symptoms to numb the negative feelings, but i know that won't really make me feel better. i was hungry and tired by the time i got home. i had 2 samoas from my cookie stash at work as an afternoon snack (those girl scout cookies apparently last a long time... preservatives?!), and apparently that didn't hold me over too well.

i started with this...


... and went back for about a third more. i'm not sure if it was hunger or not, but perhaps it was, as i was definitely quite hungry going into the meal. i'm telling myself it was hunger, anyway... because even if it wasn't, it's not enough "extra" to warrant any compensatory behaviors......

ugh, it feels so needy, but i am so glad that i am going to see my therapist tomorrow morning. i don't know how i would make it through these days without my weekly appointments. and i don't like that about myself.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are going through a hard time. Recovery is full of ups and downs. Do not feel bad about needing her. Getting the help you need shows great strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks... your comments help a lot =) hope you are having a good day today!

    ReplyDelete