Wednesday, February 4, 2009

disaster averted - coffeemaker fixed!

i had to stop off for coffee yesterday because my coffeemaker/grinder didn't grind, and i ended up with hot water... but thankfully i was able to troubleshoot the problem...

... wish i could say i made my goal of going to bed at a reasonable hour, but i caught up with a friend and ended up staying up late again (that dude looks like he's yawning). so i luckily have my coffee today. i was actually quite hungry as i woke (is it normal to think about what you want for breakfast upon awakening?!) but i packed my lunch & snacks & took a shower first so that i could later sit down to my breakfast and relax a bit. here's what i packed:

clockwise from top-right:
morning snack: chobani yogurt with cut up plum, sprinkle of wheat germ & drizzle of honey
lunch: turkey, sliced cucumber, 1/2 of a small avocado & small amount light mayo on rudi's whole wheat bread, + baby carrots
afternon snack: snyder's sourdough pretzel (these remind me of when i was a kid - my mom used to buy them allll the time) and a string cheese
** 1 dairy, 1 fruit, 1 other / 2 starch, 2 protein, 1 fruit (avocado!), 1 veg, 1 other / 1 starch, 1 dairy **

and a closeup of the sandwich, because it looks good!


my favorite combo for breakfast: almond butter and banana

nature's path flax plus oatmeal, 1T or so almond butter, sliced banana
** 2 starch, 1 protein, 1 other, 1 fruit **

i was planning on teaching a crochet class tonight, but only 1 student signed up... so i had to call her up last night and cancel. poo.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think about breakfast right when I wake up--sometimes I think about what I'm going to have for breakfast as I'm falling asleep at night. I'm not sure if it's normal but it just happens.

    ReplyDelete