Monday, February 9, 2009

post-weekend letdown

actually, i had a really good weekend... but now that it's over i wish i had more time! odd because only a few weeks ago i dreaded all the free time...

currently enjoying this:

pb puffins, ~1/4 cup grapenuts (hidden!), cut-up banana, vanilla soymilk
** 1 dairy, 1 fruit, 2 starch **

breakfast is my favorite meal. i think because a) i'm often hungry for it, b) i always used to skip it, and c) it's just... simplest. it's usually a combination of my favorite foods in unscary ways. oh, and there is coffee involved too ! sometimes dinners can just be too... complicated. haha not sure if that makes any sense but for someone who has struggled with a disorder for most of their adult life, a lot of odd things can seem to make sense.

made lunch with leftovers... i think i'm going to be eating variations of the same thing for the next few days. but i've told mself that as far as food shopping goes, i can pretty much get what i want (within reason) but i need to make a real effort to finish what i buy. this is great for freezeable things but for fresh stuff, not so much. how long does tabouli last anyway?

packed for lunch:
morning snack - cup overfloweth with strawberries & grapes (already on to the 2nd package of each of these - they were so good i bought more)
lunch - same wrap as yesterday but w difft hummus (whole wheat wrap / roasted red pepper hummus, shredded provolone, spinach, tabouli, baby corn), + carrots&pepper strips
afternoon snack - pb pretzels and a few prunes left over from this meal
** 1 fruit / ** 2 starch, 1 protein, 1 dairy, 2 veg, 1 other ** / 1.5 starch, .5 fruit **

i think my wrap-rolling technique is getting pretty darn good!

1 comment:

  1. Breakfast is my favorite, too. I think it's because I actually know what I want. I love oatmeal and I feel confident that what I crave in the morning is actually good for me, which is different than my cravings in the afternoon/evening.

    ReplyDelete