Wednesday, February 11, 2009

late4work

8:20 now and i'm just getting to breakfast. i'm teaching a crochet class tonight and needed to gather supplies... which ended up in a complete (ok more like half) organization of my yarn closet to find buttons and stuffing and other toymaking necessities.

so by the time i was done and had packed lunch and showered, the morning had run away from me. oh well, i often work from home to make up my hours so 'tsall good.

my most favorite breakfast:

ezekiel 4:9 english muffin, half with almond butter and 1/2 of a large banana, the other half with apple butter... and a sprig of grapes
** 1.5 starch, 1 fruit, 1 protein, 2 other **

i have so many components to my lunch/snacks today that i could barely fit it all into my lunchbag. i like using containers when i can, even for things like tortilla chips (below) because we shouldn't be using plastic like it's water. more dishes to wash, but i figure that's better for the environment than plastic bags. i've been reusing the bigger zipper bags for when i bring in something like pita.

top: lunch; bottom: snacks!
morning snack - packed cup of grapes/strawberries
lunch - amy's indian spinach tofu wrap (yay for there being a toaster oven at work - these things aren't so good nuked), bell pepper strips, blue corn tortilla chips + salsa
afternoon snack - vanilla chobani, 3/4 cup or so of some cereal... it was in a small tupperware in my pantry... i thiiink it's kashi cinna-raisin-crunch

** 1 fruit / 2 starch, 2 protein, 2 veg, 2 other / 1 dairy, 1 starch **

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I just found your blog and I had to comment since you said you teach crochet. I've been knitting for a little over a year and I'm dying to learn to crochet as well... I have all the tools. Do you have any good recommendations for books or websites? I'd love to see some of your work!

    -Betsy
    joeandbetsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi betsy!

    as far as books... stitch&bitch is good, as is crochet for dummies (srsly!). i can email you some pics if you'd like... just let me know where to send them. so you live in upstate ny? i went to school there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, not only have i eaten those wraps nuked many a time, but i've also considered eating them THAWED when i had one with no microwave access. you are so lucky to have a toaster oven and time to get to it for lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha - they are OK nuked, but much better toasted. hmmm thawed maybe some kinds would be OK but like the potato-curry one prob not so much! but it would work in desperation. . .

    ReplyDelete