Saturday, February 14, 2009

oh sleep i love thee

i slept a solid 8.5 hours last night. well no, my cat got me up at 6:50 for her bfast (argh!) but i was fast asleep by the time she was halfway through her bowl. i would have thought i was going to sleep in even later (got up around 8:50) but i feel well rested, so that's what counts.

i was up late last night, and i got hungry. i felt guilty - because i felt like if i had just gone to sleep earlier this wouldn't have happened - but i decided i would listen to my body. so i had this.

granola "honey bar" - oats, nuts raisins, crisp rice with honey (found these at kroger and had bought a couple, as a change from kashis)
** i don't care about the exchanges! **


in the past i would have tacked this onto today's totals, but there's no way i'm doing that. today is today, and it was better that i didn't take the risk of waking up in the middle of the night hungry.

i was HUNGRY by the time i got up and emptied my dishwasher, cleaned out my coffeepot... i'm trying to use this as a gauge so as to give myself permission to eat (and to prove that i'm likely not overeating).

i knew exactly what i wanted for breakfast :

pb puffins, 1/4 cup grapenuts (mostly hidden), and a cut-up banana, with soymilk
** 1 dairy, 2 starch, 1 fruit **

i'm excited for a fun day with my sister .

No comments:

Post a Comment