Monday, February 2, 2009

fullness

i felt full for much of the day today. my meals/snacks got pushed back a bit (11 am snack, 1:30 lunch, 4 pm snack, 7:30 dinner) and i felt like i was constantly reminding myself that it was time to eat again. i did actually get hungry for dinner though, and i nibbled on a few carrot sticks and a prune while cooking. i made this supereasy recipe, thanks to my sister, who gave me the recommendation:

roasted chicken with carrots, onion, and prunes, plus a 1/2 cup or so of "harvest grains" (labeled as "a savory blend of Israeli style couscous, orzo, baby garbanzo beans, and red quinoa")
** 2 starch, 3 protein, 2 veg, 2 other **

(oh, and my digital camera ran out of battery life, so this poor quality shot was taken with my macbook webcam.)

i feel very full now, and i really have no clue if this was the right portion size. the meat was hard to eyeball, since it was on the bone, and so that adds some volume. i'm really tempted to add on another exchange or so (as a rule, my average dinners have 2 starch, 3 protein, 2 veg, 2 other... and i figure if i can't really break it down further, it will average out... right?!) but since i cooked the meal i know that there is no way that it had really that much more.

i wish it wasn't already 8:25 because i want more crocheting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment