Thursday, March 12, 2009

what is a reasonable portion?

sometimes i have trouble eyeing a reasonable portion. i made this plate of pasta and kale, and then thought... hmmm i want a piece of crusty bread, too. and now that i'm looking at it, i can't tell if it's reasonable, or not. i'm thinking that my pasta portion isn't all that huge to begin with... i cooked up 8oz. of the dry pasta and i don't think i even took 1/4... but i'm feeling somewhat piggish right now.

homemade leftovers! i had made a roasted pepper & chicken sausage pasta a month back, and froze up half the sauce (sans pasta). tonight i cooked up some pasta, tossed with the sauce, added some grated parm, and voila! plus some sauteed kale with garlic, shallots, and an awesome tamari ginger sauce that keeps forever in the fridge.


on second thought, that wasn't all that much! maybe it's my period but i can already predict getting hungry later on tonight...

1 comment:

  1. That looks reasonable. Of course, I have no idea how big your plate is, but I doubt it's, like, a 14" plate. So I'd say it's a good-size portion.

    Btw, I'm heading back to VA tomorrow. No idea what time I'm leaving, but I don't have to be back any specific time, so if you want to meet up, let me know what time is good for you, and I'll work it out. :)

    ReplyDelete